OnlyFans revokes controversial porn ban

[ad_1]

OnlyFans update

OnlyFans changed its controversial decision to ban pornography, and the platform announced that despite the obstacles of financial partners, it has found a way to continue.

The company announced on Wednesday that it has “obtained the necessary assurances to support our diverse community of creators and [had] Suspend policy changes planned for October 1st”.

The sudden change comes after the founder Tim Stockley told the Financial Times On Tuesday, the pornography ban was in response to growing resistance from banks, which will “citize reputational risks and reject our business”.

After announcing the ban last week, OnlyFans faced criticism for avoiding adult performers who helped attract approximately 130 million users. There are also doubts that it can thrive under new rules that prevent its most important user base.

The company said it will communicate further guidance to the site’s nearly 2 million content creators later in the day.

The platform is a platform for sex workers, celebrities and influencers to collect pictures, videos and customized content from fans. Last year’s transaction volume increased by 615% to 1.7 billion pounds, and it is expected to have a pre-tax profit of 300 million pounds this year.

The UK-based company has been trying to attract more mainstream influencers and brands for some time, but it faces doubts about whether it can turn to non-porn creators while maintaining its growth rate.

[ad_2]

Source link